Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)® For Dentistry
ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
This workshop will provide participants with American Heart Association ACLS® Certification and provide a full day of medical emergency management techniques. Course consists of didactic lectures, intensive imaging, discussion and hands -on workshop with mannequins and patient simulators.
Audience: This course is appropriate for dentists and assisting staff.
Objectives: At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
1. Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome;
2. Manage cardiac or respiratory arrest until return of spontaneous circulation and respiration, termination of resuscitation or transfer of care;
3. Recognize other life threatening clinical situations and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death;
4. Describe & demonstrate a variety of techniques for maintaining oxygenation;
5. Recognition, anticipation and maintenance of difficult airways
Faculty: American Heart Association® Certified ACLS Instructors
Date / Time: September 17, 2021 8:00 am – Finished
1640 Fountain View Dr,
Houston, TX 77057
Fees: $550.00 Dentists & $275.00 Nurses & Assisting Staff
Seating is limited, pre-registration is required.
This continuing education activity is eligible for 12 hours of CE credit.
Conscious Sedation Consulting is an approved provider of continuing education by the ADA CERP.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Conscious Sedation Consulting LLC is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2022.